After a competitive and exciting election season at CWU, the General Elections are here and the seven new Associated Students of CWU Board of Directors (ASCWU-BOD) members will soon be decided. The Primary Elections have decided which candidates will run against each other in the General Elections, voting for which opens Wednesday, May 7th at 12:01 a.m. online at www.cwu.edu/elections and May 8th from 10am to 7pm at polling stations on the SURC East and West Patios.
Candidates running for each position include:
• Philip Rush is running unopposed for Vice President for Clubs and Organizations
• Spencer Biallas is running unopposed for Vice President for Equity and Community Affairs
• Cassandra DuBore is running unopposed for Vice President for Legislative Affairs
• Robert Lane and Scott Kazmi are running for Vice President for Student Life and Facilities
• Jennifer Treadway and Aunna Anghern are running for Vice President for Academic Affairs
• Nick Chuey and Joseph Charest are running for Executive Vice President
• Yosef Gamble and Kathryn O’Neal are running for President.
Please note that there will be two referendums added to the General Election ballot this week:
APPROVAL OF ASCWU CONSTITUTUION
Students will vote on the approval of the ASCWU Constitution, as proposed by Student Government at their March 20, 2014 public meeting. To review the Constitutional updates please visit www.cwu.edu/ascwu.
MATH AND WRITING TUTORING FEE
To enact a $5 per student, per quarter, fee to be used to support peer tutoring for all students in the Learning Commons Math and Writing Center beginning Fall 2014.
All students should take advantage of the chance to vote and make sure they will be represented by the best possible candidates for 2014-15.